Valve extends the deadline for Dota 2 Battle Pass Bundle

Dota 2 Battle Pass

Valve has announced that the Dota 2 Battle Pass Bundle’s deadline will be extended until July 2nd. The extension was made as the bundle added $8 Million within a week into the prize pool of the biggest tournament, The International. Similarly, a lot of fans requested Valve to extend the deadline as the time available for Bundle was quite short. 

Dota 2 Battle Pass Bundle

Every year, Valve introduces an in-game Battle Pass bundle through which fans can purchase levels for their Battle Pass. With every bundle being sold, some amount of money goes to the prize pool of the tournament, The International. This bundle can be used to purchase 120 levels for the Battle Pass 10. Similarly, you can also get 9 Immortal Treasure I, 6 Immortal Treasure II, and 3 Immortal Treasure III items. Valve claims that the bundle is very cheap and the items you get through it would be 75% expensive without it. The Dota 2 Battle Pass Bundle can be purchased at $29.99.


The Deadline

The Bundle actually released on 24th June 2020 and was set to be removed on 29th June. As Valve witnessed a lot of sales and also fans requested to extend the deadline, Valve made it available for fans until 2nd July 2020. The official Dota 2 Twitter account tweeted about the extension. It said that the extension has been made due to excessive requests from the fans and also due to the release timing of the bundle. The timing was odd as it got released at the end of the month and it was difficult for the people who get their salaries at the beginning of the month. 

However, we can look at the other side of the picture as well. Since the release of the Bundle, the prize pool of the International got increased by $8 Million. It jumped from $16 Million to $24 Million within a week. 

As the 25% of the money of each bundle sold goes to the prize pool of the tournament and the remaining 75% goes to Valve, we can see that Valve has made $24 Million within the past week. It is definitely not a bad move by Valve to extend the deadline as the company is making so much out of it. 

Dota 2 Battle Pass Double Bundles

Besides all the money Valve has been making through the bundle, the fans are overwhelmed and are requesting for more. Valve has made a limit of 2 for each player to purchase a bundle. However, fans are requesting to remove this limit so they can purchase more bundles. 

The Prize Pool

The official prize pool of the International 10 reaches $24,006,316. This year’s prize pool is $6 Million ahead of 2019’s. Similarly, the extension in the bundle also takes part in such a hype of the prize pool. As the International 10 has been delayed and cannot be expected before 2021, we can definitely predict that the prize pool for The International 10 will beat the previous records of all years.

More Dota 2 related

More from Esports Betting Insider

News that might interest you

Best Betting Bonuses

Cyber.bet

10€

Bonus

Freebet | T&C Apply | Only New Registrations
Betway Review

Betway

30€

Bonus

Freebet | T&C Apply | Only New Registrations

LOOT.BET

200€

Bonus

T&C Apply | Only New Registrations

BetOnline.ag

$1,000

Bonus

50% Bonus | T&C Apply | Only New Registrations

Pixel.bet

10%

Bonus

Cashback | T&C Apply | Only New Registrations

Latest News

Get the Esports Betting Insider Newsletter!

Tips
News
Odds